The mission of the Institute of Information and Communication Technologies is to conduct fundamental and applied research in the field of computer science, information and communication technologies (ICT) and in the development of innovative interdisciplinary applications of these technologies.
The activities conducted at ICTI have clustered around the following goals:
- Establishing an effective research interface between the university and the nation's industry.
- Design and supervision of modernization programs in various industries.
- Obtaining and maintaining state-of-the-art research facilities.
- Design and Implementation of Electronics and Digital Systems in accordance with the demands of the domestic industry .
- Providing definition, supervision and support for graduate and undergraduate projects towards completion of center's large scale projects.
- Organizing short courses, workshops and training courses.
The EU’s industrial policy approach promotes the creation of a competitive European industry. In order to properly support the implementation of policies and initiatives, a systematic monitoring of technological trends and reliable, up-to-date data on advanced technologies is needed to provide policymakers, industry representatives and academia with:
- Statistical data on the creation and use of advanced technologies (including information on enabling conditions such as skills, investment or entrepreneurship).
- Analytical reports on technological trends, sectoral insights and products.
- Analyses of policy measures and policy tools related to the uptake of advanced technologies.
- Analyses of technological trends in competing economies such as in the US, China or Japan.
- Access to technology centres and innovation hubs across EU countries.